Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
An old Southern Living recipe; one that my dad loves.
Top Review by Chef*Lee
This was a very rich casserole so I ended up using it as a side dish. I used the oysters out of the can and I think next time I would only use about 1/2 pint (8 oz) instead of a full pint (16 oz). Or, I liked the mix so well and the mushrooms with it, I might leave the oysters out altogether! Also, used chicken stock in place of cooking sherry. I like the rice mix and the spices that go with this, just think that I needed less oyster in the mix for personal preference.
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend (Uncle Ben's)
- 1⁄2 cup cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 pint oyster, drained
- 8 mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh parsley sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice according to package directions; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the next 6 ingredients; mix well.
- Pour sherry into a lightly greased 10x6 inch baking dish; top with half the rice.
- Pour 1/2 of the soup mixture over the rice.
- Arrange oysters and mushroom caps over soup mixture; sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Top with remaining rice and soup mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350° oven for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs.