Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Something different at this year's Thanksgiving table.
- 2 lbs ground lean pork
- 1 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 pints fresh stewing oysters, drained
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 6 cups cooked rice
- Brown pork and onion in a Dutch oven.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain oysters, reserving liquid.
- Add oyster liquid and celery to pork and onion, cover, and cook slowly for one hour.
- Stir occasionally, adding a little water if necessary.
- Add oysters and cook for five more minutes.
- Add five to six cups of rice as needed to absorb most of the liquid.
- Heat thoroughly.