Recipe by Doreen Randal
Don't over cook these, just cook until golden and heated, the oysters should be nice and juicy and not dried up.
- 3 slices bacon
- 12 oysters
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon horseradish cream
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 50 g butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove rind from bacon and chop flesh roughly.
- Cook in a fry pan until crisp, turning often.
- Drain oysters.
- Combine oysters and bacon.
- Peel potatoes and cut into quarters.
- Cook in boiling salted water for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Mash potatoes with horseradish cream and sour cream.
- Form half-cupfuls of mixture into patties.
- Make a hollow in centre of each pattie and fill with oyster mixture. Mould potato over cavity.
- Roll patties in breadcrumbs.
- Heat butter in a fry pan and cook patties on each side until golden.
- Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui.
- New Zealand.