Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is another "Deck O'Meal" recipe.
- 5 medium potatoes (cubed)
- 1 stalk celery (diced)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 dozen raw oysters (reserve 1/4 cup liquor from oysters)
- 2 teaspoons parsley, flades
- 3 green onions (sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- combine first five ingredients in a saucepan.
- cover and cook 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender (do not drain).
- mash vegetables.
- stir in salt, milk, butter and parsley.
- heat and simmer.
- then add the oysters with their liquor and cook briefly until the oysters curl.
- serve at once.