Recipe by simplemom
This is another "Deck O'Meal" recipe.
Top Review by ernstroad
THE WORST. PLEASE correct or remove this terrible recipe. This is an example of how awful internet recipes can be. "Cover and cook 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender." What? Cover? When cooking potatoes? Would you mind telling us the temperature? Stupid. And then: Mash vegetables. Again: What? Should I remove them from the pan? How should I mash them in the pan? Also, when I finish this stupidly thought out and poorly written recipe, I still have some green onions on my hands. Shall I offer them to my guests as an appetizer? You should be ashamed. You're trying to take advantage of a movement that you obviously know NOTHING about.
- 5 medium potatoes (cubed)
- 1 stalk celery (diced)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 dozen raw oysters (reserve 1/4 cup liquor from oysters)
- 2 teaspoons parsley, flades
- 3 green onions (sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- combine first five ingredients in a saucepan.
- cover and cook 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender (do not drain).
- mash vegetables.
- stir in salt, milk, butter and parsley.
- heat and simmer.
- then add the oysters with their liquor and cook briefly until the oysters curl.
- serve at once.