Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A savory stuffing for your holiday bird. This recipe will make enough for a 10-pound bird. From the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 3⁄4 cup butter (or fat)
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 6 cups breadcrumbs (soft)
- 1 pint oyster, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add vegetables and cook until tender.
- Add bread crumbs and heat well.
- Add oysters with their liquor and seasonings.
- Mix lightly but thoroughly.