This is really quick, easy and good. Please don't tell anyone in Japan, but I made this with diced, cooked turkey breast, and it was delicious! Prep and cook time doesn't allow for the rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken into small chunks, slice onion.
- 2Put the stock, soy, mirin and sugar in a pan and simmer for a few minutes.
- 3Put the chicken chunks in the pan and simmer on low heat for a few minutes.
- 4Add the onion to the pan and simmer a few minutes more.
- 5Whisk the eggs in a bowl.
- 6Bring the soup back to the boil; pour the eggs over chicken and onion.
- 7Turn the heat to low and cover with a lid.
- 8Turn the heat off after 1 minute.
- 9Divide the hot cooked rice between 4 bowls, then place the chicken mixture over the 4 bowls of rice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oyako-don (chicken and egg rice bowl)
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.1
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 268.7 mg
- Sodium 2758.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 29.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: