Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posting for ZWT6 - Asia
Make and share this Oyako Danbury (Chicken-'n-Egg on Rice) recipe from Food.com.
- Mix (do not beat) eggs in a bowl with chopsticks or a fork; set aside.
- Cut boned chicken into 1/4-inch pieces. (Leftover cooked chicken can be used.)
- Wash and clean onions; cut diagonally into 1-inch lengths.
- Combine the ingredients for sauce in saucepan; bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Add chicken and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add onion and simmer 1 minute longer.
- Stir eggs and pour gently in a steady stream around chicken. Let eggs spread naturally; do not stir.
- Keep heat at medium-high until the eggs start to bubble at the edges. Stir once.
- Before the eggs are completely set, scoop a portion of the eggs, chicken and sauce over hot rice in a deep soup bowl.
- Serve immediately.
- Good with hot green tea.
ok this was about easy, made for 1 for lunch rice cooker was already full of recipe from last menu thanks for posting zaar tour 6