Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is vastly different from my other Oxtail stew recipe but just as good. It comes from the Ellis Island Immigrant cookbook and Orginates in Jamacia
- 2 lbs oxtails, cut into pieces
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons thyme
- 1 medium hot pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) canpeeled tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 3 medium green peppers, diced
- 2 cups boiled plantains
- season oxtail with salt and pepper.
- heat oil and add oxtails, brown slightly.
- add onions and green peppers.
- add tomatoes, hot pepper thyme and water
- bring to a boil.
- lower heat and cook 1 hour.
- if needs it add more water.
- serve oer boiled plaintains.