Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A rich,thick stew. Add a chunk of cow's foot to this if you can. It makes all the difference!
Make and share this Oxtail Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 6 pieces oxtails
- 8 ounces stew meat (adjust to taste)
- 4 carrots
- 2 celery ribs
- 4 bell peppers, color based on preference
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup white wine, such as verduzzo
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 -6 large heirloom tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 -6 garlic cloves, depending on taste
- Tabasco sauce
- Like most stews, this consists of chopping everything, sweating the onions and garlic a bit in the oil, and then dumping everything into a big pot. I let this simmer overnight. The oxtail was falling off the bone by the end, and it was transcendently good.