Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
These poppy seed muffins have a delicate, cakelike texture. Serve them for breakfast or brunch or with a chicken,tuna, or fruit salad for a light lunch. From a September 1986 issue of Bon Appetit in the R.S.V.P. section. The recipe was requested from the Ox Yoke Inn in Amana,Iowa.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two 12-cup muffin tins (or use paper liners).
- Combine flour,sugar baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Whisk oil, milk,eggs and extract in another large bowl until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and mix only until evenly moistened; stir in poppy seeds.
- Divide batter between prepared tins.
- Bake until muffins are golden brown, or about 30 minutes.
- Serve muffins warm or at room temperature.
Wow - my family scarfed these down in no time! I halved the recipe and now I wish I would have made all 2 dozen because I'll be making another batch tonight! The kids want them for breakfast tomorrow! Nice light flavor and texture. I think next time I'm going to add just a tad more almond extract and a bit more poppy seeds but the way this is written it is not enough of a change to make this anything but a 5 star recipe! Tagged this recipe in the Zaar Alphabet Soup Tag Game for Adopt A Tag Event.