1/2 Photos of Ox Yoke Inn Poppy Seed Muffins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
These poppy seed muffins have a delicate, cakelike texture. Serve them for breakfast or brunch or with a chicken,tuna, or fruit salad for a light lunch. From a September 1986 issue of Bon Appetit in the R.S.V.P. section. The recipe was requested from the Ox Yoke Inn in Amana,Iowa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease two 12-cup muffin tins (or use paper liners).
- 3Combine flour,sugar baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- 4Whisk oil, milk,eggs and extract in another large bowl until smooth.
- 5Add dry ingredients and mix only until evenly moistened; stir in poppy seeds.
- 6Divide batter between prepared tins.
- 7Bake until muffins are golden brown, or about 30 minutes.
- 8Serve muffins warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ox Yoke Inn Poppy Seed Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1699 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3265.9
- Calories from Fat 1641
- Total Fat 182.4 g
- Saturated Fat 28.2 g
- Cholesterol 342.8 mg
- Sodium 2216.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 379.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 226.9 g
- Protein 36.0 g