3 hrs 30 mins
Polar Bear's Note:
This is a family favorite- from generation to generation. It is a great dish to impress guests PLUS super comfort food !! I use a combination of several kinds of meat for the broth (calf's foot, beef briskets, rabbit, bones, etc.) Pig's tongue can be substituted, but adjust measurements. Original recipe by Nora Daza. You cant miss with this great tasting dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub tongue w/ salt& vinegar.
- 2Rinse& boil 5 minutes.
- 3Scrape white coating on surface.
- 4Marinate in lemon juice& soy sauce for 1 hour.
- 5Brown in olive oil& butter.
- 6Set aside.
- 7In the same pan, saute garlic, onions,& tomatoes.
- 8Put back the tongue and blend the rest of the ingredients.
- 9Pour into large saucepan, bring to a boil, then lower heat, simmer for 3 hours or until tongue is tender.
- 10Strain sauce, set aside.
- 11Slice tongue& arrange on a platter.
- 12Prepare mushroom-butter sauce.
- 13For Mushroom Butter Sauce: Melt butter in skillet.
- 14Blend in flour.
- 15Add the mushrooms& strained sauce.
- 16Cook until bubbly.
- 17Water may be added if sauce is too thick.
- 18Pour over sliced meat& serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ox Tongue with Mushroom Butter Sauce (Lengua Con Champignon)
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.6
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 1285.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: