Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a family favorite- from generation to generation. It is a great dish to impress guests PLUS super comfort food !! I use a combination of several kinds of meat for the broth (calf's foot, beef briskets, rabbit, bones, etc.) Pig's tongue can be substituted, but adjust measurements. Original recipe by Nora Daza. You cant miss with this great tasting dish!
- Rub tongue w/ salt& vinegar.
- Rinse& boil 5 minutes.
- Scrape white coating on surface.
- Marinate in lemon juice& soy sauce for 1 hour.
- Brown in olive oil& butter.
- Set aside.
- In the same pan, saute garlic, onions,& tomatoes.
- Put back the tongue and blend the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour into large saucepan, bring to a boil, then lower heat, simmer for 3 hours or until tongue is tender.
- Strain sauce, set aside.
- Slice tongue& arrange on a platter.
- Prepare mushroom-butter sauce.
- For Mushroom Butter Sauce: Melt butter in skillet.
- Blend in flour.
- Add the mushrooms& strained sauce.
- Cook until bubbly.
- Water may be added if sauce is too thick.
- Pour over sliced meat& serve.
amazing recipe! i hate cooking, and found an ox tongue in my freezer. Decided to try to cook lengua with this recipe i found on google. it was my first time to cook this dish, and i dont even usually cook. recipe was very easy to follow and the dish was soft, tender, juicy and flavorful. everybody loved it and it made 8 servings
tried it...very good! I also have a lengua recipe but a lot different. It's been with the family for a century. It was developed by my great grandmother. I'll submit it as soon as I have time. More power. Cheers!