Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Another great soup from the Diana Liu cookbook. If you like ox tails, you're gonna love this.
- 1 beef tail (ox tail)
- 2 tomatoes, wedged (or 1/2 lb. cherry tomatoes)
- 2 potatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 8 cups water
- 3 teaspoons salt
- Place ox tail, onions and water in a kettle; bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Add potatoes, carrots, tomatoes and salt.
- Cover and simmer for 1 more hour.
- Serve hot.
not good ox tails should be cooked until the almost fall off the bone