Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This came from the coupon section of the newspaper :-) It is an Owens original recipe... I think you will enjoy it if you're looking for some good tasty and VERY easy-to-make chili!
- 1 lb owens hot sausage
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Brown& crumble sausage in large skillet.
- Add onion and cook till tender and sausage is no longer pink, carefully drain off excess drippings.
- Blend seasonings and green peppers into sausage mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer over medium to low heat for 20 to 25 minutes.
I needed a chili recipe that used sausage instead of ground beef (since that's all I had). I made this exactly as written, but did add on e can of kidney beans. Very good.
Great also with velvetta cheese!