Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Southern comfort food from the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Preheat oven to 350F and butter a 11 x 8 pan.
- Add butter and eggs to hot hominy grits.
- Add milk gradually; then corn meal and salt.
- The batter should be the consistency of thick boiled custard.
- Add more milk if the batter becomes too thick.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Like all spoon breads, serve from the pan very hot with plenty of butter.