Prep 10 mins
Cook 480 hrs
I got this recipe from my mum, who got it from my Aunt Corlene. These were her DH's favorite sweet treat. Sadly Uncle Owen passed away in 1994, but having a bite of this is like having him back again, I'm so glad I found this in Mum's recipe file. I hope you enjoy them also!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup butterscotch chips or 1 cup toffee pieces
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Mix together the crust ingredients and press them into a 5x10 or 8x8" greased pan.
- Spread coconut & butterscotch chips over the crust & place the pecan halves on top, try to space them so that each 1 x 1" bar has 1 pecan half.
- Pour over the can of sweetened condensed milk Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
Thanks Aunt Corlene for these very rich, sweet, nutty, little morsels! You do have to cut these into small pecan size servings because they are that rich. But Ohh Soo Yummy!
Although they look and smell yummy....these are very sticky to handle....The condensed milk doesn't solidify completely so this makes it very hard to cut into bars too.