Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Individual soft baked eggs with cheese -
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml grated mozzarella cheese
- 78.07 ml milk
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 4 slice bread
- 19.71 ml butter
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- Greasing 2 ramekins with a little olive oil. Open an egg into each one of the bowls and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Divide the cheese between the two cups, without covering the yolk of the egg, and top with 2 1/2 tbsp milk.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes until the eggs are cooked but smooth.
- Toast and butter bread. Serve warm baked eggs with toast.
Excellent recipe! I tried it first baking in the toaster oven - don't do that unless you want a 30 minute meal so I tried it again in the oven...perfectly baked in 12 minutes! My husband and son devoured these eggs which I served with English muffins. I love how this recipe is easily adapted to how many people you are serving without having to do breakfast in cycles. I know I'll be making these more often. Made during ZWT8 tour.
I made this for DH and he liked it a lot with English muffins with butter. Thanks Random Rachel :) Made for ZWT8 for Diners, Winers and Chives
Very good. I liked the combination of the mozzerella cheese with the eggs. I put two eggs in a small ovenproof soup bowl and continued as directed. It took about 15 minutes to cook, but was worth the wait. A nice breakfast along with an english muffin for scooping the runny yolk. Made for ZWT8