Recipe courtesy of Ellie Krieger. I have not tried this recipe, but plan on cooking the heck out of it come grilling weather. DH loves it when I make turkey burgers, but I can't stand the bland hockey pucks that normally result. The addition of the roasted peppers and the mozzarella really sounds like it might be just the ticket!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Divide turkey into four equal portions, then divide each of the four portions again, resulting in 8 total.
- 2Shape each of the 8 into patties.
- 3Sprinkle 4 of the patties with 2 tbs each of the red pepper and the cheese, then top with remaining patties, working the turkey around at the edges to seal.
- 4Season with the salt and pepper.
- 5Grill or broil until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- 6Serving suggestions: serve on crusty bun with garlic aioli or spinach pesto -- mmmmm.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Overstuffed Turkey Burgers - Ellie Krieger
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.7
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 106.1 mg
- Sodium 630.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 41.9 g