Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe courtesy of Ellie Krieger. I have not tried this recipe, but plan on cooking the heck out of it come grilling weather. DH loves it when I make turkey burgers, but I can't stand the bland hockey pucks that normally result. The addition of the roasted peppers and the mozzarella really sounds like it might be just the ticket!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground turkey breast
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, chopped and divided
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Divide turkey into four equal portions, then divide each of the four portions again, resulting in 8 total.
- Shape each of the 8 into patties.
- Sprinkle 4 of the patties with 2 tbs each of the red pepper and the cheese, then top with remaining patties, working the turkey around at the edges to seal.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Grill or broil until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Serving suggestions: serve on crusty bun with garlic aioli or spinach pesto -- mmmmm.
Very good. I used the leanest ground turkey breast which I think was a mistake but they were still good.