Recipe by Bri22
Stuffed peppers was something my mom would always make when we had leftover Spanish rice so I just added to that and I made it fresh. Sometimes I sprinkle cheese over the top 5 minutes before they are done.
- 4 large green peppers
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked white rice
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup shredded cheese, of choice
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash peppers, cut the stem off and seed them.
- In a large skillet cook hamburger.
- transfer hamburger to a bowl leaving some of the fat in the skillet.
- Add onion to skillet, sauté until tender crisp.
- Transfer onion to bowl with ground beef.
- Add garlic and salt, simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add rice breadcrumbs, cheeses, spices, and then the garlic to the bowl.
- stir well, stuff the peppers.
- place peppers upright in a casserole dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until peppers are tender.