Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great tasting muffins that is wonderful served with any meal. They are easy to put together and are a nice alternative to ordinary bread. Sometimes I just make them plain cheese without the dill.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, dill, salt and cheese; set aside.
- In medium bowl, blend milk, eggs and butter.
- All at once, add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into well greased muffins pans (batter should fill muffin cups to top).
- Bake 20 minutes or until muffins are golden.
This is the best cheese & dill muffin recipe I have ever made. I will add more dill next time, but they were still excellent. They are wonderful for breakfast or with soup/salad for lunch..
These muffins were really, really yummy! They had a great dilly taste and the cheese went great with that! The inside was very moist and soft and the top super crunchy. Mmmm! I think next time Ill leave out the sugar or reduce it as I found it too sweet as is. But apart from that I wouldnt change a thing about your wonderful recipe! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing it with us, Chris! P.S.: I made normal sized muffins and ended up with double what you stated for the large ones.