Recipe by Kari Bass
Entire recipe: 312 calories, 9.5g fat, 525mg sodium, 53g carbs, 7g fiber, 15g sugars, 8g protein -- PointsPlus® value 8* Chocolate-covered bananas, caramel corn with peanuts... This recipe has all the flavor of beloved carnival treats, minus the absurd calorie counts (and sticky hands)!
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 no-calorie packet artificial sweetener
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
- 1⁄4 cup mashed extra-ripe banana (about 1/2 large banana)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons caramels, dip
- 1 teaspoon semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon chopped peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nonstick pot, combine oats, sweetener, cinnamon, salt, and Almond Breeze. Mix in 1 cup water.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook and stir for 10 minutes.
- Add banana and mix well. Cook and stir until thick and creamy, 2 - 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and let slightly cool and thicken. Top with remaining ingredients, and enjoy!