Recipe by startnover
Once again I am giving out a recipe I vowed never to reveal! What is with this site? This has got to be the easiest sour dough recipe, purists beware! It is overnight so it's not the "real" thing. However it works perfect when camping. We just put the ingredients into separate ziplock bags and if we are in the tent we put the bowl of starter to sit overnight in the car. These also double nicely, they are great!!!!
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Great pancakes! Loved the texture. I was expecting a sourdough flavor, that was the only disappointment. The texutre was so good, and the recipe was so easy, I'll be making these again. Thanks for posting.
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons yeast
- 3 cups water
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the starter the night before in a large plastic bowl, and cover with saran wrap.
- The next morning add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Fry on griddle till golden on both sides.
- One of our favorite ways to serve these is with real butter, a sprinkling of powdered sugar, whipped cream, and a handful of blueberries. We also put blueberries in each pancake as they cook.