- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Scald milk; cool to lukewarm.
- Put water in large bowl; sprinkle in yeast. Stir until dissolved.
- Add milk, butter, salt, sugar and flour; mix thoroughly with rotary beater until batter is smooth.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature overnight.
- When ready to bake, add eggs and baking soda. Beat well.
- Cook on waffle iron.