Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is a redone recipe from Cooking Light...they are fabulous...!
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (110*-115*)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups warm nonfat milk (110*-115*)
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add sugar and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the milk, egg yolks, butter and oil (refrigerate egg whites). Combine the flour and salt; stir into milk mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Stir batter; fold in egg whites.
- For each waffle, pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls into a preheated waffle iron. Bake according to manufacture's directions until golden brown.
I was so easy and it came out light and crispy. I did add oat flour 3/4 cup in place of 3/4 all-purpose flour. Put some chopped pecans in some of my waffles. My husband and I loved them. Good Stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!