Prep 9 hrs
Cook 5 mins
These are the ultimate waffles, crisp on the outside, light on the inside. Serve with your favorite jam or syrup, bacon & sausages on the side. Be sure you follow the directions DO NOT add eggs the night before!! It is safe to leave the other ingredients out over night but not with the eggs added
- Before going to bed combine the dry ingredients and stir in the milk, then the cooled melted butter and vanilla (if using it).
- The mixture will be very loose.
- Cover and let it sit at room temperature overnight.
- In the morning, separate the two eggs.
- Stir the yolks into the batter.
- Beat the whites until they hold soft peaks.
- Gently stir the whites into the batter.
- Brush waffle iron with oil lightly and ladle batter on the waffle iron and bake until done (3-5 munutes).
- Serve or keep warm until all are baked.
Bergy you are a genius!!!! I got my husband to put this together for me Christmas eve, as Santa was giving my DD a waffle iron(long story) and the next day they were ready when we were. They were so good. The texture was fabulous. You have certainly done it again.
These are delicious and pretty easy. I was a little concerned about leaving them out all night without refrigeration, but it was no problem. The last batch was the best, but the iron was really good and hot by then. These deserve to be made again and again, and I will. Thanks Bergy!
this is a grea recipie. I know this because i just had them.