Recipe by Bergy
These are the ultimate waffles, crisp on the outside, light on the inside. Serve with your favorite jam or syrup, bacon & sausages on the side. Be sure you follow the directions DO NOT add eggs the night before!! It is safe to leave the other ingredients out over night but not with the eggs added
Top Review by LeeAnn
Bergy you are a genius!!!! I got my husband to put this together for me Christmas eve, as Santa was giving my DD a waffle iron(long story) and the next day they were ready when we were. They were so good. The texture was fabulous. You have certainly done it again.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- lite olive oil (for brushing the waffle iron) or vegetable oil (for brushing the waffle iron)
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Before going to bed combine the dry ingredients and stir in the milk, then the cooled melted butter and vanilla (if using it).
- The mixture will be very loose.
- Cover and let it sit at room temperature overnight.
- In the morning, separate the two eggs.
- Stir the yolks into the batter.
- Beat the whites until they hold soft peaks.
- Gently stir the whites into the batter.
- Brush waffle iron with oil lightly and ladle batter on the waffle iron and bake until done (3-5 munutes).
- Serve or keep warm until all are baked.