Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This crunchy slaw doesn't use cabbage. Instead, it's loaded with veggies that marinate in a sweet-tart vinaigrette. We like to let it marinade overnight and then serve it the next day for maximum flavor. It's a nice accompaniment to a casserole-type main dish, or to serve with a sandwich for lunch.
- 396.89 g can French style green beans, drained
- 2 (793.78 g) can white corn, drained
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 4 stalk celery, diced (1 1/2 C.)
- 177.44 ml cider vinegar
- 118.29 ml canola oil
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- Make vinaigrette: in small saucepan on stove, combine vinegar, oil and sugar. Bring to boil and simmer 3 minutes. Immediately pour hot vinaigrette over raw vegetables (the hot dressing blanches the raw vegetables and keeps them colorful and crunchy).
- Drain all canned vegetables; add to slaw.
- Add salt and pepper. Store in refrigerator overnight to allow flavors to develop (although we eat some right away).
- If desired, slice a fresh avocado and place on top.
Hey Mom, I was craving this all week and couldn't find the recipe anywhere. My favorite summer salad!