Recipe by Kree
I found this scrumptious-looking, healthy recipe on McCormick.com and modified it slightly to fit my dietary needs. I can't wait to try it. Prep time does not include time to soak the bread.
- 5 eggs, beaten or 1 1⁄4 cups Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 8 1-inch slices
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whole strawberries
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- cinnamon sugar (a 2 to 1 mixture of sugar and cinnamon)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix eggs, milk, vanilla extract and baking powder. Pour over bread to soak; turn to coat well. Cover.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix frozen strawberries, bananas and sugar in 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Top with soaked bread slices.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.