Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
When serving a large crowd, make-ahead recipes are a must to keep the stress levels down and to leave time for more enjoyable activities on the day of the big event. This spinach salad has a refreshing lemon dressing that is sure to please. This needs to be made 12 to 24 hours in advance.
- 20 ounces fresh spinach leaves, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 lb cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- In two 5 quart bowls, layer spinach, eggs, bacon, mushrooms, Romaine, and onion.
- In seperate bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and spread the mixture evenly over both salads.
- Sprinkle both salads with cheddar cheese and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Just before serving, add peas to salad and toss to combine.
This was wonderful made exactly as written! When feeding a large crowd, anything that can be made in advance is a blessing. Thanks for sharing!