Recipe by Nana Lee
Great breakfast casserole for those who are low-carbing. Can be frozen for a quick breakfast. Post on LCF by Tammy Marie. Prep time does NOT include overnight in fridge. I use JONES only, it has no fillers, thus not carbs. (http://tinyurl.com/73aosae)
- 1 lb bulk sausage, browned and drained
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: JONES comes in 12 oz roll so adjust the rest of the ingredients if you use JONES.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer sausage in bottom of 12 x 8 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine eggs, cream, butter, and dry mustard.
- Pour over sausage and cheese.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake casserole for 35 mins or until set.
- NOTE: Freeze in portions for quick breakfast.