Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe in Pillsbury's One Dish Meals Cookbook. I have not tried it, however when I found it, I decided that I would like to. I wanted to share it here, because it seems very appealing. Prep and cook time does not include chill time.
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 1⁄2 ounces uncooked noodles (mafalda)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canned salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 (9 ounce) bag frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Melt 3 tablespoons margarine in medium sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook until mixture is smooth and bubbly, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- In ungreased 8 inch square (2 qt.)baking dish, combine all casserole ingredients and mix well. Stir in white sauce; blend well. Cover tightly with foil.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In small bowl, combine topping ingredients; mix well. Uncover casserole and sprinkle with topping.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 55 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.