Recipe by beccalanders31
Another good one adapted from Betty Crocker. My family really liked this hearty, filling casserole.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend or 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 13x9 inch glass or ceramic baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a pot, cook the beef, onion, bell pepper and garlic over med-high heat; stir mixture frequently and cook until the meat is browned; drain.
- Mix in the tomatoes, water, soup mix, Italian seasoning, and pasta.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and make sure dish is covered tightly.
- Refrigerate for at least 8 hours and no more than 24 hours.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake uncovered for 10 minutes or so until the cheese is melted.