Recipe by PumpkinNut
This is a great make-ahead breakfast. I'm not sure what the site will say the calorie count is, but I have counted it myself to be 315 calories. (I actually use unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze almond milk, and it brings the count down to 290.) It's a delicious and efficient way to eat breakfast. You chill it overnight and then just pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes when you get up. It's my new favorite oatmeal! Enjoy!
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Made for New Kid on the Block. I had to make this twice for it to be edible. The amount of vanilla is very over-powering. The second time I made it, I changed the amount of vanilla to 1 tsp and it tasted much better. I also added a pinch of salt.
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 (4 ounce) canof del monte lite peaches
- 1⁄2 small apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon walnut chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients in a bowl. I use a Tupperware container or something similar that has a lid.
- Stir the ingredients.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, uncover and microwave 1 minute.
- Microwave 1 additional minute.