Recipe by *Pixie*
prep time includes marinating
Top Review by Doeafemaledear
Many thanks to you Pixie these were beyond delicous! I did make a couple of changes, I added about a teaspoon of chinese five spice powder when simmering the ribs and omited the salt and the gingerroot as I had none on hand. I also added two cloves of garlic to the sauce. These were absolutely fabulous we will make them again and again. Thank you again!
- 5 lbs spareribs
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 piece gingerroot, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup oyster sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut spareribs into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Combine ribs, garlic, ginger, and salt in a large pot with lid.
- Add water to cover ribs, bring to a boil, lower heat to minimum, cover and simmer until ribs are tender (approx 1 to 1 1/2 hours).
- Mix the remaining ingredients and coat ribs well.
- Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Broil ribs 3 inches from element for 7-10 minutes, basting with remaining sauce.
- Turn and broil for 5-7 more minutes.
- If preferred the barbeque can be used instead of the broiler.