Recipe by Marie
This sounds so good, although I haven't tried it yet. An egg mixture of peach preserves and half and half is poured over French bread and refrigerated overnight. When cooked, it is topped with a peach butter mix, then sprinkled with toasted almonds. To complete the presentation, sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Top Review by pooknnook
I made this this morning for a family brunch. I did not have any peaches but I had Polander apricot All Fruit and a can of apricots. So used them instead. I also did not have the bread last night, so I made it this morning and baked it rather than frying. Baked at 350Âº for approx 1/2 hour. Well, everyone loved it! Wish I took a picture but since I will definately be making again, I will remember next time! :-) Oh...almost forgot, I also used about 1/2 t of apple pie spice in the 1/2 & 1/2 mixture.
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons peach preserves
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 6 slices French bread (1/2" thick)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup peach preserves
- 2 fresh peaches (can also use canned)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together eggs and preserves, then add half and half and mix well.
- Place a single layer of French bread in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour egg mixture over and refrigerate overnight.
- Fry bread in small amount of butter, turning once.
- For topping, mix together butter and preserves.
- Serve French toast topped with peach butter and peach slices.
- Sprinkle with toasted shaved almonds and powdered sugar.