This sounds so good, although I haven't tried it yet. An egg mixture of peach preserves and half and half is poured over French bread and refrigerated overnight. When cooked, it is topped with a peach butter mix, then sprinkled with toasted almonds. To complete the presentation, sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
- Beat together eggs and preserves, then add half and half and mix well.
- Place a single layer of French bread in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour egg mixture over and refrigerate overnight.
- Fry bread in small amount of butter, turning once.
- For topping, mix together butter and preserves.
- Serve French toast topped with peach butter and peach slices.
- Sprinkle with toasted shaved almonds and powdered sugar.