Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sounds so good, although I haven't tried it yet. An egg mixture of peach preserves and half and half is poured over French bread and refrigerated overnight. When cooked, it is topped with a peach butter mix, then sprinkled with toasted almonds. To complete the presentation, sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
- Beat together eggs and preserves, then add half and half and mix well.
- Place a single layer of French bread in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour egg mixture over and refrigerate overnight.
- Fry bread in small amount of butter, turning once.
- For topping, mix together butter and preserves.
- Serve French toast topped with peach butter and peach slices.
- Sprinkle with toasted shaved almonds and powdered sugar.
I made this this morning for a family brunch. I did not have any peaches but I had Polander apricot All Fruit and a can of apricots. So used them instead. I also did not have the bread last night, so I made it this morning and baked it rather than frying. Baked at 350Âº for approx 1/2 hour. Well, everyone loved it! Wish I took a picture but since I will definately be making again, I will remember next time! :-) Oh...almost forgot, I also used about 1/2 t of apple pie spice in the 1/2 & 1/2 mixture.
I couldn't wait to try this recipe out! My family loved it!!! It was easy to make and you really could use any type of preserves for variety. The only thing I am going to do different next time is put some brown sugar either in the egg mixture or with the butter/topping mixture. I prefer a sweeter french toast and I felt like a little bit of sweetness was missing. But my husband thought it was perfect the way it was. But this was a winner in our household. Thanks for sharing a great recipe.
Mmmmm....this was such a great way to shake off the Monday morning blahs. It made breakfast feel special and quick to get on the table. I loved the butter, preserve sauce and ended up frying the toast in it. Yum! Thanks for sharing this recipe.