Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my most asked for recipe and it will impress your family and friends too. It is a very easy salad for Picnic's, Potlucks or BBQ dinners. It makes an easy One Dish Meal with Crusty rolls and fresh fruits also.
- 2 cups coarsley shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups coarsley shredded young spinach leaves
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups cooked small macaroni noodles, shells or 2 1⁄2-3 cups elbow macaroni, rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 5 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby peas
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup cooked shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing (I prefer Kraft Zesty Italian, or your own)
- chopped tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
- Prepare the day before serving.
- Starting with lettuce, layer the first three ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Scatter celery, green pepper and onions over macaroni layer.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice and seasonings in a small bowl.
- Spread evenly over salad.
- Break frozen peas apart and sprinkle over salad.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Combine tuna, shrimp and Italian dressing in a separate bowl; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, arrange tuna and shrimp mixture in center of salad.
- Garnish along edge of salad with tomato wedges or cherry tomato halves.
- Toss lightly just before serving.
June,This is a beautiful salad,and sorta reminds me of seven layer salad but with much more to it. But worth any time you put into it.GREAT DISH!!! Thanks Darlene
Pretty detailed list of ingredients - seems to need more assembly than a Boeing 747 - I made it but am pretty sure I *must* have left something out ;-) Great taste, worth the effort.