June Lerch's Note:
This is my most asked for recipe and it will impress your family and friends too. It is a very easy salad for Picnic's, Potlucks or BBQ dinners. It makes an easy One Dish Meal with Crusty rolls and fresh fruits also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups coarsley shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups coarsley shredded young spinach leaves
- 2 1/2-3 cups cooked small macaroni noodles, shells or 2 1/2-3 cups elbow macaroni, rinsed
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 5 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby peas
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup cooked shrimp
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing (I prefer Kraft Zesty Italian, or your own)
- chopped tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
- 1Prepare the day before serving.
- 2Starting with lettuce, layer the first three ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- 3Scatter celery, green pepper and onions over macaroni layer.
- 4Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice and seasonings in a small bowl.
- 5Spread evenly over salad.
- 6Break frozen peas apart and sprinkle over salad.
- 7Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 8Combine tuna, shrimp and Italian dressing in a separate bowl; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 9When ready to serve, arrange tuna and shrimp mixture in center of salad.
- 10Garnish along edge of salad with tomato wedges or cherry tomato halves.
- 11Toss lightly just before serving.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Overnight Patio Salad
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.0
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.4 mg
- Sodium 876.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: