Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
The golden, fluffy pancakes are great for Sunday brunch. These are best served with Ruby Breakfast Sauce.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water (110 to 115 degrees)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in water; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs, buttermilk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Stir in yeast mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- To make pancakes, pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown.