This is one of my favorite breakfast recipes. I've been making it for years, and can't remember where I got it. Since all the work is done the night before except for a mere sprinkling of nuts, well, that makes it even better! Great with maple syrup. Time does not including chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat eggs with a wire whisk.
- 2Beat in orange juice, milk, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg.
- 3Cut french bread diagonally into 1 inch slices.
- 4Place slices into a 9x13 dish (there is often enough bread and batter left to use an additional small dish).
- 5Pour 1/2 the egg mixture over the bread.
- 6Turn the bread and coat with the remaining egg mixture.
- 7Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 8When ready to serve, preheat oven to 375.
- 9Pour melted butter into a jellyroll pan.
- 10Arrange bread in a single layer.
- 11Top with nuts.
- 12Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until french toast is brown and puffy.
- 13Serves about 6.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Overnight Orange French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.8
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 163.2 mg
- Sodium 568.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 12.3 g