Recipe by Sackville
I love the idea behind this recipe. It is said that the slower a cheesecake bakes the creamier it gets and the less likely its surface is to crack. Of course, the very best part is it does all this while you are tucked up in bed!
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup graham crackers or 1⁄2 cup cookie crumbs
- 2 lbs cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 5 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Just before bedtime, preheat the oven to 200 F or 95 degrees C.
- Grease a 9 inch springform pan and dust with the cracker or cookie crumbs.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla extract, brandy, and eggs until well-blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place in the oven overnight.
- The next morning, 6 to 8 hours later, the cake will be set and the top will have just colored.
- Essentially, you want to cook it until the cake barely wiggles in the center because the cake will firm up as it cools.
- Remove to a rack and cool in the pan until the pan is cool enough to handle, 1 hour.
- Remove the sides of the springform pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, then either serve or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.