Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
These buttermilk, oatmeal and raisin pancakes are perfect for breakfast -. you make part of the batter the night before, then finish it in the morning...then grill the pancakes quickly - they're convenient and good!!
- 2 cups Robin Hood oats
- 2 cups buttermilk or 2 cups sour milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour or 1⁄2 cup cake-and-pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine oats and buttermilk; stir well to blend. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat lightly greased griddle or large frying pan over medium heat.
- Just before cooking, add eggs, melted butter and raisins to batter; stir just to blend.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to oat mixture and stir just until moistened. (if batter seems too thick, add more buttermilk).
- Spoon batter about 1/3 cup for each pancake, onto hot griddle. Spread batter out to 4-inch circle.
- Cook until tops are bubbly and appear dry, (2-3 minutes); turn and cook until lightly browned.