Recipe by fawn512
from Cooking Light Annual Recipes 2003 Copyright 2002. I've tried this 2x, and both times, it came out aweful because its sticks pretty bad (to liners and muffin tin). The flour structure wasn't sturdy enought that everytime they came out, the center turned flat. Anyone up for the challenge of reviving these? Ü
- 1 cup oats
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 2⁄3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup dried blueberries or 2⁄3 cup golden raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oats and buttermilk in a medium bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, level with a knife. Place buttermilk mixture, flour and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon ¼ cup batter into each of 24 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center.
- Remove muffins from pans immediately; place on a wire rack.