1/3 Photos of Overnight Oatmeal (Muesli)
8 hrs 5 mins
White Rose Child's Note:
The flavors in this sweet breakfast really stand out. I adapted this to 1/4 the original recipe but if you want it to make more than one serving, just multiply ingredient amounts accordingly. You can really enjoy playing with this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup soymilk (vanilla is esp. good) or 3/4 cup other non-dairy milk substitute (vanilla is esp. good)
- 1 -2 tablespoon raisins (more or less, according to your preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 -3 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds (if you like them, adds a delicious crunch) or 2 -3 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds (if you like them, adds a delicious crunch)
- 1 small granny smith apples or 1/2 large granny smith apple, chopped
- other dried fruit or nuts, of your choice
- 1Combine all ingredients EXCEPT SUNFLOWER SEEDS AND APPLE in a bowl.
- 2Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- 3In the morning, chop the apple and stir it in with the seeds (or any others you prefer). Enjoy!
- 4Notes: You can play a bit with the amount of soymilk in this recipe, since some like it super-thick. If you want it slightly moister, use the 3/4 cup. Or you might want even more.
- 5I know, getting out the grater for 1/2 tsp orange zest -- but it is so worth it!
- 6Have fun!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Overnight Oatmeal (Muesli)
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.7
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 99.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 15.6 g