The flavors in this sweet breakfast really stand out. I adapted this to 1/4 the original recipe but if you want it to make more than one serving, just multiply ingredient amounts accordingly. You can really enjoy playing with this recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk (vanilla is esp. good) or 3⁄4 cup other non-dairy milk substitute (vanilla is esp. good)
- 1 -2 tablespoon raisins (more or less, according to your preference)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest, finely grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 -3 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds (if you like them, adds a delicious crunch) or 2 -3 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds (if you like them, adds a delicious crunch)
- 1 small granny smith apples or 1⁄2 large granny smith apple, chopped
- other dried fruit or nuts, of your choice
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT SUNFLOWER SEEDS AND APPLE in a bowl.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, chop the apple and stir it in with the seeds (or any others you prefer). Enjoy!
- Notes: You can play a bit with the amount of soymilk in this recipe, since some like it super-thick. If you want it slightly moister, use the 3/4 cup. Or you might want even more.
- I know, getting out the grater for 1/2 tsp orange zest -- but it is so worth it!
- Have fun!