Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 hrs
For those who don't like coconut
- 4 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine oatmeal, brown sugar, and oil.
- Cover and let sit out overnight.
- In the morning, stir in eggs, salt and almond extract.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes.
This is the original Peggy Bracken recipe using two cups sugar, and they are nice and sweet and chewy. Good one, but delicate as they get thin when baking and spread. See my recipe #73540 I now add also some vanilla.
good, but too sweet-I will cut down on the sugar next time.