Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Saw this posted on Facebook and was intrigued so decided to give it a try. I was amazed at how simple and how good it is. This lends itself to so many different combinations. I've listed as it was posted but left out the banana and blueberries as didn't have it, added 1 teaspoon of vanilla and topped with walnuts. For those mornings when you know you'll be in a hurry, here's a breakfast that can be waiting in your fridge. The prep time does not include refrigeration overnight
- 1⁄4 cup quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 banana, sliced, freeze the rest for smoothies
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄4 teaspoon stevia or 1⁄4 teaspoon your favorite artificial sweetener
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- Pour all ingredients in a jar.
- Shake, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Add your favorite crunchy toppings such as nuts, granola, etc. and enjoy the next day.
My favorite recipe for overnight oatmeal. This is a great starting point, I've kept the oatmeal, milk and chia seeds the same but I switch the fruit up for whatever I have on hand.
Lots of good stuff in here to start the day! I used cherries and flax seed. A great breakfast. Thanks!