Recipe by Pinay0618
There is ground beef listed in the ingredients, but it's just as good without the meat. It's also easily doubled if you want to take it to a pot luck. Preparation time does NOT include overnight refrigeration. Recipe is from Betty Crocker.
Top Review by chocolatechip84
i have been using this recipe from www.mylasagnarecipe.com for a while now but now i'm gonan try yours. :) thanks!!
1lb of ground beef
? cup of chopped onions
1 (16 oz.) can of tomatoes (canned or fresh); cut up
1 (6 oz.) can of tomato paste
2 cup of cottage cheese
2 beaten eggs
6 oz. of cooked lasagna pasta
1 lb. of Mexican Velveeta cheese sliced and spread
1. Brown the ground beef in sauce pan while adding onions into it.
2. Stir in the tomatoes and tomato paste
3. In a mixing bowl combine cottage cheese and eggs together and mix
4. Place first layer of lasagna noodles in an 8 X 12 inch baking dish
5. Pour half of cottage cheese mix, meat mix and cheese spread on first layer %u2013 *Repeat this step for the rest of your lasagna noodles
6. Bake lasagna for 45 min or when cheese start bubbling and browning at 350 F
- 1⁄2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped Italian plum tomato (3 medium)
- 1 cup zucchini, julienne-cut (2x1/4x1/4-inch)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) canold el paso enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) container nonfat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon old el paso less sodium taco seasoning mix (from 1 oz. pkg.)
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas, halved
- 6 ounces shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Brown ground beef in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- In medium bowl, combine tomatoes, zucchini, onions and beans; mix well. Stir in cooked ground beef. Reserve 1/3 cup enchilada sauce; set aside. In another medium bowl, combine remaining enchilada sauce, sour cream and taco seasoning mix.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce mixture in bottom of sprayed baking dish. Arrange 8 tortilla halves over sauce, overlapping as necessary. Spoon half of vegetable-bean mixture over tortillas. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese. Spoon half of remaining sauce mixture over cheese. Repeat layers, reserving 1/2 cup cheese for top. Top with reserved 1/3 cup enchilada sauce. Cover with foil; refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375°F Bake casserole for 30 to 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Uncover; sprinkle with reserved 1/2 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with cilantro.