Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
There is ground beef listed in the ingredients, but it's just as good without the meat. It's also easily doubled if you want to take it to a pot luck. Preparation time does NOT include overnight refrigeration. Recipe is from Betty Crocker.
- 1⁄2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped Italian plum tomato (3 medium)
- 1 cup zucchini, julienne-cut (2x1/4x1/4-inch)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) canold el paso enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) container nonfat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon old el paso less sodium taco seasoning mix (from 1 oz. pkg.)
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas, halved
- 6 ounces shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Brown ground beef in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- In medium bowl, combine tomatoes, zucchini, onions and beans; mix well. Stir in cooked ground beef. Reserve 1/3 cup enchilada sauce; set aside. In another medium bowl, combine remaining enchilada sauce, sour cream and taco seasoning mix.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce mixture in bottom of sprayed baking dish. Arrange 8 tortilla halves over sauce, overlapping as necessary. Spoon half of vegetable-bean mixture over tortillas. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese. Spoon half of remaining sauce mixture over cheese. Repeat layers, reserving 1/2 cup cheese for top. Top with reserved 1/3 cup enchilada sauce. Cover with foil; refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375°F Bake casserole for 30 to 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Uncover; sprinkle with reserved 1/2 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with cilantro.
i have been using this recipe from www.mylasagnarecipe.com for a while now but now i'm gonan try yours. :) thanks!!
1lb of ground beef
? cup of chopped onions
1 (16 oz.) can of tomatoes (canned or fresh); cut up
1 (6 oz.) can of tomato paste
2 cup of cottage cheese
2 beaten eggs
6 oz. of cooked lasagna pasta
1 lb. of Mexican Velveeta cheese sliced and spread
1. Brown the ground beef in sauce pan while adding onions into it.
2. Stir in the tomatoes and tomato paste
3. In a mixing bowl combine cottage cheese and eggs together and mix
4. Place first layer of lasagna noodles in an 8 X 12 inch baking dish
5. Pour half of cottage cheese mix, meat mix and cheese spread on first layer %u2013 *Repeat this step for the rest of your lasagna noodles
6. Bake lasagna for 45 min or when cheese start bubbling and browning at 350 F