Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This is our go to mashed potato recipe for holiday gatherings as it eliminates the last minute preparation time to mash the potatoes on Christmas Day or Thanksgiving. Just pop the casserole in the oven and heat. Ricing the potatoes eleiminates any lumps and ensures nice smoothness.
- 8 -10 large idaho potatoes
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 8 ounces reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, Add 2 tablespoons salt.
- While water is heating peel the potatoes, chop into even 2 inch size pieces.
- Add potatoes to boiling water and gently boil until fork tender about 20 -25 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, put thru ricer.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Put mixture into greased casserole dish, cover and refrigerate.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 60 to 90 minutes until potatoes are heated through.
- Time depends on how cold the casserole is. I use an instant read thermometer to make sure the center is hot.